Thailand has one of the largest economies in Southeast Asia, and the country is open to several foreign ex-pats, works, and retirees for years now. You can find people from different countries, including Chinese people, who have set up different operations that help grow the economy of Thailand.
In this article, we’ll explain how to find a job for a Chinese person in Thailand. You’ll learn the requirements to work in Thailand as a foreigner and the best jobs to look out for.
Finding a Job in Thailand
There are different options to combine when looking for a job in Thailand, whether it’s for a Chinese person or any other foreigner. For Chinese people who have stayed longer periods in Thailand, some of the available options may be better.
Here are some ways to help a Chinese person find a job in Thailand:
Exploring the Diversity of Job Boards
Job boards are a common strategy used by job seekers. Fortunately, they are in abundance, especially in Thailand. Also, you don’t need to be located in the country to use these boards. If the person is not already in Thailand, you can begin by looking for jobs through these boards before the person arrives.
Most recruiters, businesses, and companies ask applicants to submit a CV, and in some cases, they will keep it till they find a suitable position for the person.
Examples of these boards are:
- Robert Walters
- Michael Page
Finding Jobs Through Recommendations and Referrals
This is also an explored strategy used by many people in Thailand and most parts of the world. That is why fostering and having a large network of people is beneficial. If you want to get referrals and recommendations, you may want to consider growing your network.
Are you interesting in growing your network? You may want to try socializing, and linking up with individuals on different platforms. s
Finding Jobs Through Recruitment Agencies
This option will let you embrace local offers. The agencies are always open to receiving resumes from people. Some will let you call or even send emails.
Many agencies handle recruitment in Thailand, among which include:
- JAC Recruitment Thailand
- Michael Page Thailand
- Robert Walters Thailand
Why use one option when there are several others to utilize? That’s by far the best thing to do because it will increase the chances of getting hired.
Utilizing In-house Recruiters
Do you already have a company of interest? You can directly connect with them on LinkedIn or other companies. Simply add their hiring managers and let them know your goals and interest.
Thailand’s Job Market
The job market is designed according to the standards in Southeast Asia. That makes the jobs in the country suitable for people from other Asian countries, including China. There are so many job opportunities, but the jobs that have the attention of most people include:
The country also has a high demand for programmers, data scientists, and tech workers, thanks to the country’s increased digitization.
Jobs that you Must Avoid
A crucial thing to always stay aware of is that the laws will not let you engage in some available jobs. You don’t want to violate laid down laws and regulations.
Examples of some of the illegal work include:
- Jobs that you do not have a work visa or other permit to be involved in.
- Jobs prohibited by law like carpenter, bricklaying, and so on
- Remote work: Working remotely in Thailand is prohibited for foreigners
- Part-time jobs
You may be charged to pay huge fines if you are caught violating the laws. In some cases, the punishment can be extreme, such that you won’t be allowed to access the country after you are forced to leave. You can also risk going to jail.
The Centers of Attraction in Thailand
One of the most important factors to consider when looking for a job for a Chinese person in Thailand is location. Some cities are more interesting than others, while some have more job opportunities. You might want to consider these cities in Thailand:
- Phuket: A beautiful island and a center of attraction for many foreigners. It has a big job market, with most available jobs in the traveling, housing, and restaurant industry. Other jobs include IT-related jobs and even teaching.
- Chiang Mai: A famous city with many historically respected structures. It also attracts foreigners, particularly those who like to do meditation and yoga. You’ll find jobs like graphic designer, web developer, sports manager, hotel manager, teacher, and many more.
- Bangkok: Most people will tell you that the only place they want to visit is this city. It also has employment opportunities in the country, making it a center of attraction for most foreigners. There’s no limit to what’s obtainable in this city.
Salary Range for Jobs in Thailand
The annual salary for jobs in Thailand varies, depending on the type of jobs and the company. However, it generally falls within a certain range. Below is the salary range for some of the available jobs in Thailand:
- Production Manager: THB 1.4 – 2.4 million
- Accounting Manager: THB 1 – 1.5 million
- Quality Direction: THB 2.8 – 5.5 million
- Financial Controller: THB 1.8 – 4.5 million
- Engineering Manager: THB 1.4 – 2.4 million
Thailand is a nice country, with a kind and relaxing atmosphere, which is why people from different parts of the world are attracted to the country. Finding a job for a Chinese person in Thailand is not hard, especially if you use the methods we’ve listed in this article.
Also, there are different factors that make it easier, and one of such is the long-term relationship between China and Thailand. This works in favor of Chinese people and makes it a lot easier for them to find jobs in Thailand.